Autowerkstatt German Auto Repair in Kent has an exciting opening for a Junior Automotive Mechanic or Trainee.
If your dream job is to become an expert at working on BMWs, Mini Coopers, Porsches, VWs and Mercedes, this job is for you!
As a Junior Mechanic / Trainee, you will:
- Receive hands on training so that you will soon become a fully qualified mechanic working exclusively on German cars
- Assist other technicians in vehicle repairs
- The technician will perform vehicle repairs within their current capability/skill level
- Clearly document and record work that is performed on the repair order under his/her supervision.
- Effectively communicate with the designated service manager or advisor.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician/ service manager.
- Ability to perform any additional related duties as required and assigned by the service manager.
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques.
Automotive Mechanic Qualifications or Requirements:
- A valid driver’s license
- Have a can do attitude and quick to learn
- The technician must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of common mechanic shop tools
- Ability to bend, move, lift, and physically perform duties in the scope of this position
- Must be team oriented and able to take direction
- Own a set of tools
- To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test
- Nice to have, but not required: A.S.E. Certified or willing to get Certified
- Dealer Certification would be a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18-$23 / hour
- Health Care Credits
- Performance Bonuses